View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #98
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Are You Disgusted By Fat People?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
Lol, thank you for actually commenting back on your perspective and why! And not just making some condescending statement because you don't agree, lol.

Your whole post was condescending. You came off like you think you're better than others who don't share your same viewpoint, and it reeked of ignorance. Being a judgmental prick towards people you don't know makes you come off as an alpha male fratbro caveman type. Some people come home from a stressful job and want to relax and watching TV can be relaxing to those people. Going to the gym could add more stress. Or maybe they're too busy. Maybe they find going to the gym too boring. Or maybe they have better things to do. Maybe they don't care to impress people by going to the gym. Etc...

Quote:
However, when people are overweight and then complain about being such, yet do nothing to change it? Then yes, I find that annoying and disgusting, because that is weak by the very definition of it.

That is different than what you said in your other post. We all have weaknesses in our own ways, so I'd at least hope you're not looking down upon these people. It can be quite difficult to dramatically change your lifestyle. It may appear easy to you if you've been doing it for a long time, but for those that haven't it can be a daunting task. Some people love going to the gym, many people hate it.

Quote:
Disagreeing with someone's opinion is ok, but actually debate the topic at hand and not simply resort to calling me names in a condescending manner as though you are the grand wise master and I am the young pupil, lol. Like I said, maybe I came on too aggressively about it- my experience has just been overwhelming in the way that I have described.

If you come off a certain way, then don't be surprised if someone calls you on it. What has been your experience? What has been so bad? Maybe you just completely lack tolerance.

Quote:
And it absolutely, 100%, affects their daily life. Going up stairs, getting out of bed, getting out of a chair, walking from place to place, picking things up, tying their shoes, moving things, etc. Working out and being healthy makes all of those things easier (just like smoking, drugs, etc affects your daily life).

Working out and being healthy makes tying your shoes easier? You act like those routine things are all that difficult. None of that is a problem until you start hitting the dangerous amounts of overweight.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote