View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #64
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Which guns did Adam Lanza use in the Sandy Hook shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
What is wrong with conspiracy theories. They get so much hate, but it's so stupid because their method is skepticism.

This is why the educational system is so f*cked up: it only tells you how and what to think but it never tells you to question so call "facts." It even comes up with a made term "objectivity" to kill all sorts of skepticism.

Socrates was the father of philosophy because he simply said, "I don't know anything, so I will deny everything and keep looking for answers."

All these kids think they know everything because they are too stupid to think for themselves and need someone of authority to tell them how to think: if the teacher says it, it is true; if the media says it, it is true, if my parents, government, tradition, etc. says it is true, then it must be true.

You get the gist.

The smartest people I know are the ones who are always skeptical and asking questions.

It is when you deny this or that and act like you already know it all is when you are acting stupid.

So f*ck the haters Riddler and keep on pondering for answers you feel aren't there. At least you can take solace in knowing you are not just a tool who believes whatever they are being told.

Here is the problem. You let your philosophical enquiry die at the birth of the 20th century. Read Karl Popper and then you will understand the difference between skepticism and the popular conspiracy theory method.

Skepticism is not about asking unwarranted questions, it is about questioning a claim. Conspiracy theorists make claims, they don't ask questions, they take random data points and find a pattern, and based on some correlation they make an assertion. That isn't science and it isn't skepticism.

Last edited by miller-time : 01-19-2013 at 12:25 PM.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote