View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #79
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: I thught Chigaco was a horrible team with out Rose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Ohh ok, so he was better until he ran into Rose and Rose put the "D" on him crunch time in the playoffs. Is that better? Now, we're both happy???

WTF are you talking about, I'm literally agreeing with you that Rose was better and you try to condescend to my agreement as if I'm arguing otherwise? Read one more time. Rose was better than Rondo that season. So you have no need to try and sharpshoot something I did not say.

Also, WTF are you talking about? When did Rose put the clamps on Rondo in the playoffs? They didn't meet in the playoffs.

They met in the playoffs when Rose was a rookie. Rose was super impressive. Rondo had the best series anyone had in the playoffs that year. So he most certainly didn't dominate Rondo. Rose outscored Rondo by 0.3 PPG. Rondo did everything better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
I think Rondo's a great player - no problem there. Rose obviously was dominating Rondo in his second year, he probably wasn't really better than Rondo just yet but he was a good jump shot away. Rose came back with a jump shot and also had the game's best tear drop along with being a premier penetrator in his MVP campaign. The year after the MVP he showed he improved his passing capabilities and didn't loose what he progressed with the year before. So unless Rondo really improved he can't be said to be better.

If Rose's game regressed the next year you have a point, but it didn't. It improved a bit but he was playing hurt. Rose's best quality is that he improves in some way every year he's in the league. That's what's so respected about him. His work ethic is top notch and you can see where he improved his game year by year.

I agree on Rose's best quality. But I still don't get what you're saying.

Rondo's game is about the plays he makes on defense, helping, playing the passing lanes, rebounding, making high-impact plays on offense, making plays for others. Rose doesn't dominate him. What you can say is that he's been the better player, head-to-head, if you think that. But Rondo doesn't get dominated. Rose doesn't bother him on defense, he doesn't force turnovers.

The career head-to-head (in the regular season) is 6-6. It was 2-1 in Rose's rookie season and 4-5 since. 2-2 in Rose's second season. 2-2 in Rose's MVP year. 1-0 last year, in Rose's favor.

Rose scores 10 more a game than Rondo.

Rondo more than doubles his assists, outrebounds him, and has 8 times as many steals.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote