View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster
Default in a jam over craigslist..?

I've had problems with the Superdrive on my Macbook Pro (late 2008) almost from the beginning.

I recently acquired it over craigslist for what i thought at the time was a very reasonable price of $250, i had asked the guy numerous questions prior to making the purchase and everything seemed to check out okay, so I decided to go ahead and meet up with the guy, when we met up he even threw in a soft protective case which i thought i was extremely nice. However, there is one major problem..

The problem i'm having is that it selectively rejects CD's and DVD's for no apparent reason. I inserted a Wu cd yesterday, finally got it to mount, and saw the first three song titles in English and the rest in what appeared to be either Japanese or Korean.

I found a superdrive over ebay for around $45.00 and politely e-mailed the guy i had met over craigslist asking for $50.00 to cover the charges, he has yet to email me back..

am i being unreasonable? i realize that he was selling it for a good price however i feel because of my extensive questioning prior to meeting him that i should have been informed that the superdrive was not working properly. I feel like that's something hard to miss when you are preparing to sell a macbook.

I'm not sure if i should send him another e-mail in a few days if he still hasn't responded or if I should just let it go all together, i just don't feel like he was being very honest and upfront and that doesn't sit well with me, but it also could have been an honest mistake.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote