View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #402
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: NFL Playoffs GT: Conference Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
If Ravens win the SB Lewis HAS to go full on Pentecostal revival preacher and start handling live snakes at his post game presser sermon.

I figured that "God" comment would rub some people the wrong way or prompt some sarcastic remarks from normal humble atheists (such as yourself). I don't mean that to be offensive. I'm sure many fans watching around the league completely rolled their eyes, or said something to the effect of "OH BUT YOU'VE BEATEN A MURDER CHARGE YOU HYPOCRITICAL SON OF A BITCH! - LOL, whatever it takes to offset a comment or credit given to God. Simply doesn't sit well with some people.

If Ray Lewis or anyone else wants to give credit to God, or if a kicker, receiver RB or whomever wants to "point to the sky" after they achieve a field goal, then IMO, THANK GOD they're comfortable enough in their faith and love our Creator enough to not worry about your typical atheist (and I don't mean you, don't take it the wrong way) taking notice and being a smart ass, or even in some cases with more extreme atheists just being disgusted with what Ray Lewis had to say.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote