View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 09:42 AM   #30
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

Sta. LUCIA BREAKS OUT OF SKID, NIPS PUREFOODS
Jamaal Williams’ heroics snap Realtors’ 5-game slump

Friday, 11 May 2007

ANTIPOLO – With the game on the line, Jamaal Williams made things happen in the closing seconds as the Sta. Lucia Realtors got past the Purefoods Tender Juicy Giants, 93-92, in a tension-filled endgame Friday night at the Ynares Center here.

The Sta. Lucia import grabbed a crucial offensive rebound after Marlou Aquino missed from eight feet and went on to score the go-ahead, 93-92, with 37 seconds remaining.

"I'm so relieved," offered Sta. Lucia coach Boyet Fernandez when asked how he felt.

Friday night's victory was certainly refreshing for a team that has endured five consecutive defeats and fighting hard to make the playoffs in the 2007 Talk N Text PBA Fiesta Conference.

"Even when the losses kept piling up I never lost my confidence in my players. But tonight I felt they played as a team," Fernandez said.

Jamaal Williams tallied 32 points on 12-of-22 shooting and grabbed 15 rebounds to show the way for the Realtors, who moved up to 4-9. Nelbert Omolon added 26 points and rookie Kelly Williams had 18 while taking 13 of his 19 attempts from the 3-point range.

It was a frustrating loss for the Giants, who appeared to have the game under control when James Yap knocked in a 3-pointer for an 88-81 lead with 3:34 to go.

But poor decision making, poor shot selection and bad plays down the stretch cost them the game.

Marquin Chandler turned in 40 points but couldn't make the big plays when they needed it. Worse, James Yap (20 points) also disappeared in the crucial stretch.

After taking the opening quarter by 27-24, the Realtors stretched the lead to 12 midway in the second quarter as Omolon, Kelly Williams and Norman Gonzales each hit a three during a 15-6 run.

But the Giants, who came into the game hoping to snap a two-game slump, charged back behind Chandler and Rey Evangelista, who scored nine of his 11 points in the second quarter, as they returned to their locker room with a 52-51 lead at halftime. (DBC)

The scores:

Sta. Lucia 93 – Williams 32, Omolon 26, Williams K. 18, Aquino 6, Miranda 4, Gonzales 3, Bughao 2, catli 2, Isip 0, Mendoza 0.

Purefoods 92 – Chandler 40, Yap, J. 20, Evangelista 11, Simon 7, Castillo 5, Yee 4, yap 2, Camaso 2, Salvador 1, Artadi 0.

Quarters: 27-24, 51-52, 65-73, 93-92
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote