View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #36
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe

At some point, we must recognize that out of all the humans, a small percentage are going to be screwed up in the head, and there's nothing we can do about it! We shouldn't take away the freedoms of law abiding citizens
in a feeble attempt to protect us from the small percentage of psychopaths
. Banning guns or increasing regulations is just a feeble way to make the public feel better, it won't change anything, except the good guys become less free. That's my problem with it.

I think that bolded sentence neatly summarises the difference between gun control and gun advocates stance. I firmly believe that people's right to life far, far outweighs the right to bear arms. Do other things kill people? Of course! But you must start somewhere in limiting it. Also I find the argument that 'Oh well, criminals can get guns whenever they like anyways', well that's assuming that the government bans guns and doesn't actually do anything to regulate or restrict firearms, which is just downright stupid. Of course if guns are banned, then the government/police will have to step up their efforts in confiscating and shutting down all gun manufacturers!
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote