View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #42
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
And I also don't think there's anything wrong with that, at all. To an extent, we all want certain "freedoms" restricted. Personally, the only freedoms I feel should be restricted are those that impose on the freedom of others. And no, I don't think you have a right to "not worry about guns." Because if that's your right, than it infringes on the rights of others to own guns. And how can something be a right, if it simultaneously denies the rights of others? Quite the paradox.

But don't forget, while they may not be able to get their hands on a gun, they still GAIN the same right I have of not having to worry about other people having easy access to guns (which may be partially why they want a gun in the first place). It isn't a clear cut win-lose situation. I don't think that gun ownership is beneficial to society - even though it may be beneficial to the individual.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote