View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #3434
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
he is barelly a starter in roma...
while pandev has had a great career... had remarkable seasons with lazio... the famous pandev-rocchi duo... the CL game where he scored two goals against Iker... then went to inter and helped them win CL... now he is past his prime... what has bradley done except beating spain in confederations cup?

He's not barely a starter. He's only had one substitute appearance and Zemen has started him in front of De Rossi multiple times this year. He goes the full 90 almost every game. He's still just 25 and improving every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
That, I totally agree with. Your national team has a mental strength and determination that usually leads them to perform above expectations. That's something the Portuguese, as skilled as they are, could learn something from.
I don't agree with your comment on Postiga, though. He's not the most prolific scorer, but he's got good technique, can hold the ball for his teammates and generates quite a lot of offensive play (at least for Zaragoza, where he is asked to. He doesn't need to do that in Portugal). As good a season Altidore may be having in the Netherlands, he's not half the player Postiga is. Altidore is one of the worst strikers I've ever seen play in Spain (I admittedly haven't seen him this year).

I can't speak much on Postiga's club career as I've only seen Zaragoza play a few times but if you're interested, try to catch one of Altidore's next few games. You have to remember that he wasa teenager living overseas for the first time when he was at Villarreal and was probably not ready for such a high level of play. He's really improved and is playing better than I ever thought he was capable of although that's yet to translate to the national team (he's probably the third choice striker right now).

Check out a few of the goals he's scored this year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxhwddyQD28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awRWqzJxdz4
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote