View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #12
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: UN Expert Investigating US Drone Killings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
That's a good point. The US can basically attack whom they please, which is a scary thought if you don't trust the government (seems quite a few Americans do not). I guess I'd sing a different tune if I had these drones buzzing by my home at night, I bet it is pretty terrifying. I just don't understand how innocent civilians can be killed accidentally with a system and technology that is so advanced. I mean, this isn't the Vietnam days with napalm.

Because the bad guys in that part of the world don't hang out on bases and forward operating posts like armies do. The bad guys over there aren't soldiers in any conventional sense. They're men and boys dressed in civilian clothes with AK-47's and improvised explosives in their houses right along side their wives and families.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote