View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #32
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hi, my name is Riddler and I'm an alcoholic (Been to a few AA meetings recently)

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
It "Works" as long as people keep going, but it also gives people the victim mindset. "I'm not really at fault, I have a disease I'm helpless to control." Then eventually they stop going to meetings and when they inevitably take that drink they give in completely. They totally blame the alcohol on everything and become a super-asshole.

If instead they had learned to practice moderation and that it is indeed their fault for drinking too much and that even when drinking they still need to learn to control their behavior. They'd be better off.
Lol, you have no idea what you are talking about...

Asking an alcoholic to drink in moderation is like asking a sex addict to fck without cumming...it doesn't work like that.

Most alcoholics don't play the victim card either...they very much feel at fault. These meetings have more success with drinkers than ANYTHING ELSE...it has been shown...so whatever it is they are doing, they are doing it right.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote