View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #1299
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
I gotta agree with him. Hunter is one of my favorite heels of all time, but that was mainly because Mick, Rocky, Austin, Undertaker really carried him to the top. But when it's Hunter turn to elevate the younger stars and push their career (Cena, Orton, Edge), I can hardly remember those matches and would never call them classic feuds.
Now he's never had a five star match, but Hunter has has some legitimate classic matches. Three stages of Hell instantly came to mind. All of his WM matches with Taker aswell as his entire feud with Foley in the early 2000's.

Bret's just a little bit "out of it", still very bitter over something that happened a lifetime ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
You don't think HHH had great matches in 2000 and 2001?

Triple H vs. Cactus Jack (Royal Rumble 2000)

Triple H vs. Undertaker (WrestleMania 17)

Triple H vs. The Rock (Backlash 2000)

Triple H vs. Chris Benoit (No Mercy 2000)

Triple H vs. Chris Jericho (Fully Loaded 2000)

Triple H vs. Cactus Jack (No Way Out 2000)

Triple H vs. The Rock (Judgment Day 2000)

Triple H vs. Steve Austin (No Way Out 20010
To add on:

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels - SummerSlam 2002
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels - RAW 2003
Triple H vs. Austin - No Way Out 2001
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit - WrestleMania XX
Triple H vs. Rock - SummerSlam 1998
Triple H vs. Batista - Vengeance 2005

Alot more classics around. I'd go as far as to say Hunter in the early 2000's is better than anything Bret had done through his entire career. HHH has about what? 30 4star+ matches to Bret's 20 or so?

Not a knock on Bret, he's a better wrestler. No argument there. Just Triple H is a better all-around entertainer, that heel gimmick was probably the paramount of all heels. And that's with this industry is about.

Great matches are more than just fancy moves, it's about putting on a show. And HHH has done that a myriad of times. Sure it's mostly 'gimmick' matches, but that doesn't mean he hasn't put on any great matches.

Last edited by Batz : 02-02-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote