View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #3687
Grinder

Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
what are yours and grinder's prediction for the US first final stage WCQ game against Honduras?

I hope Jozy starts, he seems to be in great form but would not be surprised if he started gomez who has been playing good for his own club and the USMNT. Fabian Johnson also played a full 90 minute game a day ago so that's good. We also finally called up Tim Chandler to a non friendly game so we can finally get him cap tied

I think it'll be a tough game. Honduras is no joke and they're coming off an 8-1 thrashing of Canada. They're probably the third best team in the region and have an incredibly athletic squad. The game is taking place in the most violent city in the world (San Pedro Sulia) and they declared a national holiday so they'll have a packed crowd and the game is at 4PM so that the conditions will be extremely hot and humid and we have guys that have had only two days with the team. All these things considered, I'll be satisfied with a draw and ecstatic with a win.

I hope Jozy starts as well but Gomez has been consistently better with the national team so if we play a lone striker, it'll probably be Herc. The lack of width and wingers concerns me but this is the lineup I think we'll see:

Howard
Chandler - Cameron - Bocanegra - Johnson
Edu
Jones-------Bradley
Dempsey
Gomez--------Altidore

I kind of want to see Besler or Gonzalez get the start instead of Boca but I doubt JK will do it for a tough road game.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote