View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Default Re: What are your expectations heading forward this season?

It's going to be interesting that's for sure. The Bulls have been extra cautious with Derrick throughout the whole process as they should be, but I think it has to get to a point where once they know he's good they should let him be DRose.

I could be wrong on this, but I think Iman Shumpert's injury was worse and he's been playing for a little while now already and it doesn't seem like the Knicks are limiting his minutes or randomly resting him either.

Now I'm not trying to compare Derrick and Iman. Derrick is a superstar franchise player and Iman is a role player, but i'm talking simply about them being basketball players and the injuries they sustained.

If the medical staff, coaching staff, and Derrick feel like he's 110% then let him play like it. Limit his minutes a bit, but not too much. Rest him randomly against teams that should be easy wins, but not too often.

If we want to seriously contend which I think is possible then we need Derrick to be Derrick not a limited version of himself.

I honestly think anything is possible. Miami doesn't look to be as good as last year and I can see them being upset by someone. I feel confident we can beat anyone in the East. Once you get to the Finals anything can happen. Our defense and rebounding would make it really hard on anyone that could come out of the West.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote