View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #184
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Man Murders A Drunk Driver After Car Crash

In my much younger years I had two DUIs back-to-back within a 3 year period. As a result, I automatically lost my license for 4 years, and then after the 4 years, I had to have a breathalyzer on my vehicle for 3 additional years. At the time, I thought my life was over, I thought the penalty was way too harsh, etc. Today, I think it was pretty fair, especially considering the hundreds of times I've driven drunk, I could have killed someone (thank God that never happened). Even still to this day (until Oct 11th of 2014) I have a 0.00 tolerance meaning if I get pulled and blow anything up until that date, automatic 3rd DUI offense.

Many would say that's harsh punishment. I think it's fair. Some say it isn't enough.

I've had two DUIs ... should I be locked up for life? WHAT IF I was unfortunate enough to have say my first DUI ... say it was only my 2nd time driving drunk ever, and I just happen to slam into someone, killing them.

Who deserves the more harsh punishment, the guy who's driven 100+ times drunk out of his mind or the guy who only his 2nd time got behind the wheel and slammed into said dead subject?

The laws are designed a specific way for a reason. Raw emotion shouldn't drive the law... logic should. LOL, which is why so many of you are so off on this "the drunk driver deserved it" etc bullshit.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote