View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 01:48 AM   #62
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Default Re: Django Unchained: Big Dissapointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3z4r
Plot hole or inconsistency in the story/the character's actions, whatever you want to call it, it's just arguing semantics imo. It still ruined the film for me from that point onwards since it didn't make any sense.

Based on what we knew of the character he made a conscious decision to kill Candie and give up. The character HAD to be in control and Candie took total control of the situation. Schultz knew he wasn't leaving alive, he's a thinker not a fighter, so he got the last word with Candie and then accepted his fate.

As long as it's within the realm of established possibilities for the character, it's fine. It sucks that ruined it for you though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I actually figured he'd accepted his fate at that point. I think he made his decision to shoot Candie knowing he wouldn't escape alive, regardless of his attempted survival tactics. He appeared to resign himself to the fact that the world is not a wonderful place, seeming unusually down and dejected as he sat in the library. He seemed done and he was going to take down a piece of evil along with him.

^ There you go.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote