View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 02:34 AM   #45
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Atheism vs. Theism

nice work, OP. fair points and an interesting topic.

i've thought about all this before and i have an answer:

everyone in the world is religious, whether they like it or not, admit to it or not.

every modern human is 'cursed' with one of the worst drawbacks in history...... i.e., a brain that self-recognises. therefore, a brain that glimpses so much more than itself.

something like that, anyway.

religion is nothing more and nothing less than an attempt to make sense of the cosmos and to give order and security to one's life. people who try to live a life without the comforting answers of religion, community, family and so forth are generally the sickest / most needy of all people in society.

that's my early run-through, in any case.
sane? or full of excrement?

EDIT: ridonks showed up?!? YES....!
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote