View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #17
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Anyone ever watch The Shield?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
The phone call from Vic put him over the edge.

I could see that. I still don't think it made sense to kill the kid.

Quote:
I obviously am over analyzing, but I don't think it's necessarily a death sentence for Ronnie. There is NO way any police department would ever publicize that kind of corruption, especially when it comes to light that the main orchestrator not only got off scot free, but got a promotion. I don't see a trial or him going to prison. Dismissed quietly is my guess.

Well we don't know and the only assumption we can make is that he went to jail given how it went down.

Quote:
Anyway, I liked the series for most of its run but (not coincidentally) like Sons of Anarchy, it just got too ridiculous. The characters became totally unsympathetic.

I don't really think it was ridiculous. Thats just me though.

I totally disagree with the characters becoming unsympathetic. I thought Shane and his wife were unsympathetic until about the end when they died and then Claudette read his letter.

And I did feel sympathetic towards Mackey. He deserved everything he got and probably more, but I still felt for him, which is part of what made this so great to me. Dude was dirty as shit but in many ways he was still very likeable and someone you could relate to so it was hard not to be sympathetic toward him.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote