View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #13
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Fact: An Atheists Ultimate Desire is to be like God!

As an atheist myself, this is not at all how I look at things. I simply don't believe a god is plausible, and wouldn't believe in something that there's no evidence exists. Simply put, out of all the things we have to worry about in life, it's not worth my time to worry about if there is or isn't a god.

I also won't waste my time trying to tell people what they should believe. Despite the fact that I believe religion has done far more harm than good, it has been a positive in many people's lives, and it's not my place to force my beliefs on anyone. And my beliefs are just that, nothing I can prove. Just like those who do believe in a god.

To me, it just doesn't make sense why so many people think it's necessary for others to believe what they believe. Whether someone's an atheist or a religious person. All of the problems that have revolved around something that nobody can prove or disapprove the existence of is completely illogical. Believe what you want, and don't try to force your beliefs on others. I don't get why that's so difficult.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote