View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
jlip
Good college starter

jlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Dominating a game without scoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
A bit boring to list 400 Bill Russell games,

Yeah. I know. Russell is basically the poster child for this thread. Russell even dominated a game before the game was played.

"Bill Russell was so special that he had a direct effect on a playoff series before he ever played a game. In the spring of 1957, the Celtics were scheduled to play the Syracuse Nationals in a first-round, best-of-five affair. The day before the series began, Syracuse coach Paul Seymour made a startling announcement. Starting center Johnny Kerr, a very good ballplayer, would be coming off the bench. It seems that Russell had given him a very hard time during the season."

Im just not going to start out giving Russell an advantage, Seymour reasoned.
Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
so, I'll list a completely dominant game by Wilt in 1972:

3 points, 31 rebounds, 10 assists, 12 blocked shots.

I would like to find out more about Wilt's 1972 season. I've heard various respectable and knowledgeable people say that they felt he deserved the MVP that season.
jlip is offline   Reply With Quote