View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dominating a game without scoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlip
Yeah. I know. Russell is basically the poster child for this thread. Russell even dominated a game before the game was played.

"Bill Russell was so special that he had a direct effect on a playoff series before he ever played a game. In the spring of 1957, the Celtics were scheduled to play the Syracuse Nationals in a first-round, best-of-five affair. The day before the series began, Syracuse coach Paul Seymour made a startling announcement. Starting center Johnny Kerr, a very good ballplayer, would be coming off the bench. It seems that Russell had given him a very hard time during the season."

Im just not going to start out giving Russell an advantage, Seymour reasoned.
Link

I would like to find out more about Wilt's 1972 season. I've heard various respectable and knowledgeable people say that they felt he deserved the MVP that season.

http://nbastats.net/01NBA/07bonus/Ga...hamberlain.xls (some of the block estimates might be incorrect, so you might want to take them with a grain of salt)

We also have a Russell spreadsheet (the main site is nbastats.net).
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote