View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #14
millwad
Banned

Default Re: Buying a new phone, keep it real with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
You also missed out on one big detail…

He has the iPhone 3 not the 4 nor the 4S. If he had the 4s then yeah you may have a legit case (although I can make a good argument as to why he can update ) but going from a 3 to a 5 is a HUGE update.

I saw that but I don't really see why anyone would choose the iPhone 5 over the S3, it's almost the same thing as as the iPhone 4 and 4s. And you won't probably agree but I have a really hard time to see any difference between the 4 and the 4s. And with that said, I have a really hard time seeing any major differences between the 4s and the 5 other then size so iPhone is basically selling a 2.5 year old phone with some few upgrades.

Quote:
In regards to the Droid vs iOS platform….

The Droid platform has always had some good features, features that I wish iOS would implement, but they were often half baked. More importantly the shit was l a g g y. it doesn't bother some, but it sure as hell annoyed me. I must confess, Google has done a better job with their latest release, almost identical to iOS' smoothness and fluidity.

Yeah, the lag was why I bought an iPhone and I loved it and I still like my phone ALOT. But just as you said, the new JellyBean is really smooth and a tried out the Galaxy S2 with the JB release a couple of days ago and I honestly didn't feel any difference in smoothness and fluidity which is also why I'm going back to Android next time I buy a phone.

Quote:
But the no.1 reason why I stay iOS is their entire ecosystem and APPS.

Nothing really beats that.

The ecosystem is really nice but there are too few updates and too few new things that would actually make it attractive for me.

The APPS, yes, I prefer the iOS apps but I can still find every APP important app I need on the Android market as well so I don't really care about some games.

Quote:
I can list other reasons but these are the biggest ones. I contemplated on getting a Droid phone a few times very hard. Went to the kiosk and tried them out, used my friends' and coworker's to test them, and ultimately even tho they had some nice features I really liked, the apps sucked, and were limited when compared to IOS. Now granted, some people may not need as many apps, some may just get by with the basic major apps, and that's cool if it works for 'them'. Not for me tho. I scavenge the net looking for new apps, read reviews from different sources and try to stay up to date with the latest and upcoming releases, and Droid didn't offer anywhere near the same amount of beautifully polished and plentiful rad apps.

So if for some people, just having the basic phone functionalities and apps is what they need, and they use Windows, it's almost a no brainer to go with a windows phone imo. YOu get the best of both worlds.

Well, you're underrating the Android market, it has improved a lot during the last year and other then a couple of few games I don't really see a major difference.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote