View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
YGS
Banned

Default Report: Kobe predicts Lakers will make playoffs

Kobe Bryant confident in Lakers

Quote:
Bryant said in an interview with Sports Illustrated that he is certain the struggling Lakers will make the playoffs. The 15-time All-Star also claimed he has "no fear" of any potential postseason opponent in the competitive Western Conference.

"It's not a question of if we make the playoffs. We will," Bryant told Sports Illustrated. "And when we get there, I have no fear of anyone -- Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Denver ... whoever. I have zero nervousness about that."

The Lakers (26-29) have won six of their last nine games, including Wednesday's 113-99 victory over the Boston Celtics. But despite the recent hot streak, Los Angeles trails the Houston Rockets by 3 games for the eighth spot in the conference standings.

Quote:

"We will make the playoffs," he said. "And we will compete. And part of the reason I have that confidence is the Miami game. We had control of the game. That was no fluke. We were playing very, very well. We were reading the defense, making the extra pass.

"OK, they have two great players [LeBron James and Dwyane Wade] who scored eight straight buckets and took control of the game. But we were right there. We can do it."

YGS is offline   Reply With Quote