View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #86
guy
NBA All-star

Default Re: Lebron+wade= 1, Jordan+pippen=6, magic+kareem=5, Kobe+pau= 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
How is it that you continually argue against yourself yet somehow find a way to lose?

I never claimed Kobe won Game 7 by himself. I said his backcourt support from 2008-2010 was among the worst in the league if not the worst. You countered that up with some irrelevant Jordan mythology.

I'm not losing shit cause I'm not the one thats continuously making up history.

This is what you said:

Bynum wasn't healthy for either title run. What team was more stacked? The Celtics. Their bigs were just as good as the Lakers leaving Kobe to will his team to victory over Ray Allen, Rondo and Paul Pierce while having some of the worst backcourt support in the entire league.

You said Kobe was willing his team to victory. If you're just talking about strictly backcourt, then what the **** does that even mean? There's 5 players on the court. He's not singlehandedly willing his team to anything if other players are stepping up as well. And even if you can somehow just restrict it to the backcourt, 2 of the games they won were blowouts. Game 3 it was Derek Fisher who closed out that game going 5-7 in the 4th while Kobe went a disgusting 1-6. If you're including Paul Pierce then I'm assuming you should also be including Ron Artest, who arguably was the best player in game 7 and hit the biggest shot. So no matter how you look at it, Kobe in no shape or form willed his team singlehandedly to anything vs. the Celtics.

The Jordan example was just an example. And its not mythology. Thats what people were saying and what the general feeling was. That he singlehandedly willed his team to victory that night, unlike Kobe in game 7 vs. the Celtics which was like the exact opposite .
guy is offline   Reply With Quote