View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Kenyon Martin is a Knick

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
So explain to me how we COULDNT have done it? Grizzlies traded Mareese Speights, Ellington AND a #1 for a d-leaguer. Even if you couldn't make a trade, we have guys who could be outright cut. And yes I would get rid of Thomas if I'm replacing him with Martin. I don't get what's hard to understand about that. There's nothing about Thomas that I fear losing.
What does a Salary dump by Memphis have to do with the Knicks... The Knicks did a similar trade to Houston.

You saying cut Thomas which makes no sense. Stat was just coming back so you would cut a big to add Martin who has to get in basketball shape and what if something happened to Stat or Chandler in that time period. Makes no sense.

The Knicks waited got a 2nd round pick for a player who had fallen out the rotation, cleared a spot, added Martin on the cheap.

The Knicks could have cut someone White or Copeland maybe but thats not how it works because that money is still counted against the salary cap.The Knicks are trying to work under fiscal responsibility.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote