View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #15
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Default Re: J$ Training for Tough Mudder and 3 on 3 Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Figured might as well add a journal to inspire some folks.

I have no gym subscription. It's cold outside. Broke. BUT THAT SHALL NOT prevent us from chasing the ability to L.E.A.P.

Going to do calisthenics, hill sprints, and plyometrics to try to become a grea tathlete. At about a 30.5" standing and 34"-ish running. Can get quarter of a forearm above rim, maybe more.

Going to discuss 3 on 3 strategies. My handles and J are alllriiightt nothing special but my rebounding, D and court vision are solid. Teammate of mine can knock down 18 footers automatic and the other fellow is a solid PG. But we're at a disadvantage still since other guys are 6'4"+, and I'm the tallest at 5'11"

Okay so we'll start things off with a basic pick and roll and weave formation. THe first designed to get the pick setter a free the layup, the second for an open jumpshot.

Help chime in on some strategies fellows!

tough mudder is easy. the only obstacle i saw most people failing were the monkey bars. don't try to swing it with your momentum. the bars spin and you will fall off. instead, have a firm grip on one and then just reach out and grab the next one WITHOUT swinging. this keeps the bar from spinning and you can move on to the next one. take your time here.

the electric shock obstacles were annoying, but not really that big a deal. it's mostly mental when you get to those.

work on your distance running. most of the people have never attempted to run 12 miles before, so they get pretty sore and cramp up towards the end. there are alot of bottlenecks for each obstacle so you can catch your breath if needed be. you really just need to worry about the cramping more then the cardio
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote