View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #161
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Sixers season will OWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
Which is weird because i felt the players are playing well

Jrue Holiday have a breakout season
Turner fitting in well as a starter, showing his great all-around game
Thad Young has been very solid and consistent

Guess they are really missing the big man. Wanna see Hawes, Wright and Nick Young get more minutes over the likes of JRich.

Nobody among the young guys has emerged as a leader, either on or off the floor. Doug's grasping at straws hoping the veteran presence will stabilize things, but I've never been a fan of Richardson. And yes, the absence of the big they counted on (why, I don't know) has been a big issue. Collins has been open about his plans to use Bynum and Hawes together.

It was inevitable, though I predicted it happening next year after a solid performance this season (which obviously hasn't happened). Collins is so relentlessly intense and such a strong X & O guy that he can make a roster look a lot better than it really is... until either the players start thinking the success was all them OR his grating ways start to fall on deaf ears. In this case, it appears to be happening before they've achieved anything. Sad.

ETA: I've known Collins for nearly 40 years and been a Sixers fan longer than that... and I can't believe ANYBODY would have wagered on this team winning 54 games this season.

Last edited by JMT : 02-28-2013 at 04:25 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote