View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #36
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Top 20 Cities For Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i will hopefully get back to you later in the year.

spent a long time making crappy home pizza and was starting to get better by the end, mainly by not stressing on the yeast-rising aspect and just going for the thin, almost (but not quite) crackery crust. but then i got distracted by other stuff for a long time.

anyway, next step is to get myself firebrick and heat-resistant ceramic for my oven to simulate the super-hot dedicated-pizza oven taste. with the ultra-fresh ingredients and the 3-4 minute cooking time, tops.

heaven on a slice and actually pretty good for the health system. that is the critical combo i'm looking for.

When I was overseas both in New York and Europe I had some of the best pizzas ever. The best I've ever had was actually at an Italian restaurant in Paris. Pizza in Australia is very ordinary, so I've decided to learn to make my own. Just need a starting point, I've never really cooked from scratch before (except for roast dinners and curries). I usually just buy a base and pre made sauce - but they aren't getting the job done
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote