View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #80
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Atheism vs. Theism

I wouldnt call myself an atheist, but will I say that the reason atheist come at religious people the way they do is because atheist are looking at religion in the same way as they look at any other thing to decide if it is true or not.

Christians (for example) on the other hand, can laugh and understand how ridiculous OTHER religions sound, but they cannot see their own religion in that ridiculous light.

For a person like me, who used to be a christian, but stopped after I kept doing the math (and it wasnt adding up), it is like having a conversation about whether or not Santa Clause is real or whether the Easter Bunny is real. I think atheist gets animated because to them? it is a very ridiculous idea (the idea that these religions and their Gods are real)

When I decided to find out once and for all if Jesus was real and if the Bible was the holy book christians proclaimed it to be? that when I learned that it was not, and I accepted that because it is obvious if Iam being honest with myself. It takes time to disown the idea of going heaven and all the other beliefs that keep people tied to religion, but IMO it was one of the best things I ever did. It freed me from using that archaic code to rule my life.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote