View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #88
chosen_one6
Earned not given

chosen_one6 is considered somewhat coolchosen_one6 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Atheism vs. Theism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
you just reminded me of religious people who attribute everything that happens to God. It gets tough not to talk about the subject with religious people because most everything they do is guided by god (according to them).

"we would have never got this _______ if it wasnt for the grace of God"

"God works in mysterious ways.. I knew praying would fix everything"

sometimes, I just have to call a TIMEOUT so we can go over what they just said

that talk screams out for a challenge, and I think many non-believers fall into that

Exactly. And this is why I believe atheists get so aggravated by religious nutcases.

I'm not an atheist, I'm more agnostic than anything. However, when I scroll through my facebook and see "Thank god for giving me another day" when they wake up in the morning, or "I'm so happy I didn't get kicked out of school for so many absences. #godprovides" it makes me want to go on a rant. However, I hold back because everyone is entitled to their opinion and their belief's. I used to try to convince people of what I believed in but then realized it's pointless. Religion is so deeply rooted in our society that it's acceptable to believe in magic and fairy tales, as long as you attribute it to some widely regarded god of some sort, whether it be "god", "allah", "shiva, vishnu, and brahma" or whomever it is they look up to and the respective book.
chosen_one6 is offline   Reply With Quote