View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Tomb Raider is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
^I saw you were playing last night Thorpe and was hoping you'd post your impressions. Thanks for the details. I'm gonna pick this up as soon as I'm done with Farcry 3.

Of all the Tombraider games, I only completed the first one. That was quite a unique experience. You had to be methodical in your movements or face death.

It's a little less stressfull than those originals. I only played the first three I think. But there was an element of carefull platforming, where if you screwed something up you'd die and have to go back to try again. This is more of a spiraling vertical thing I've gotten so far, so it's more like if you don't make it you may fall to another area and have to try again.

From what I've read, it's more combat based the previous installments, which is just sort of the nature of gaming. But between this and Uncharted which I'd both classify as Action/Adventure, I'd say Uncharted's slider leans a little more toward Action, while this leans a bit more toward Adventure.

To be fair this game is really right up my alley. The exploration element of games is a huge factor for me for some reason.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote