View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 03:39 AM   #3214
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
kind of sounds like.....when MMA first started in the states...

Boxing fans would say.." oh MMA/UFC is just brawling, hugging and stupid"...a good boxer would smash a BJJ expert....or MMA fighter"

"Boxing is a science.....MMA fighters just brawl"

- what I'm saying is......we have to top shelf MMA fighters.... go out and try to render the opponent helpless or make him quit.

If that means putting yourself in a position where you may get hit...ok, that's why it's called Fighting.

- I under stand the super technical part...I understand not wanting to take damage.....but the main goal should be...FINISHING...not escaping damage.

- if escaping damage is the main goal....then never go for a takedown.....always circle away......and just jab.

- to me a great "MMA Fighter" is someone who fights with a passion to end the fight ......while using extreme technical skill....

I completely agree with you but the problem might not be the actual fighters doing this but rather the abuse of a poor scoring system. The only reason fighters like GSP fight the way they do is yeah to avoid damage and win at the same time, under Pride rules they would only avoid damage but not win.

The problem is not the fighter style but the fact the system is faulty and allows them to get away with simply holding/lay n gay on top of someone making fights amazingly boring and not really getting a fight but rather one guy holding on for dear life so the other guy can't stand up or even get a proper submission attempt. If they changed the scoring rules you would have more exciting fights and enough of the "skill" invovled where one guy just lays on top of another man while not trying to inflict damage or go for a submission.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote