View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Default Re: With the PS4 coming soon, when do you anticipate the end of the PS3?

Honestly I think PS4 is gonna face more resistance than any new system ever has. PS3 JUST started satisfying a lot of customers and I know a lot of people who just made the move up to this generation of systems within the past year or two. The PS3 started off WAY too expensive and its just now getting down to a point where most people have been willing to buy it.

I can honestly see PS4 vs PS3 ending up like BluRay vs DVD. Sure there's gonna be some "gotta have it" people who jump on board right away, but the majority of the people are gonna take their time because to the casual eye there won't be the huge jump that there was when the switch from VHS to DVD happened (or in this case the huge jump when the switch from PS2 to PS3 happened). Blu Rays have been out for like 6-7 years and (aside from the hardcore collectors/entertainment buffs) most people I know have like 15-20 BluRays compared to hundreds of DVDs.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote