Did Nick cut himself? No, he got cut from punches. Noons even dropped him in the fight. Nick kept shooting for takedowns and did that butt scooting shit on the ground. It kind of looked like he really wanted the fight to go to the ground.
Yes, but he did not get his ### whooped and he did not quit,....he infact begged to keep fighting and would have most likely won.
Some of the guys you listed are pretty much LWs
(though, I still give him plenty of praise for Gomi). Neer even lost to Nick's brother. Cyborg is - highly inconsistent, and just not that good. Daley is alright, but has trouble making weight and fighting intelligently.
Like BJ penn?..who should be at 155lbs...
Hardy had a 7-fight win streak at the time, or if you don't count the DQ loss, then he was on a 12-fight win streak. He didn't look bad at the time. If I'm naming GSP's good wins, then no, I probably wouldn't list Hardy, but I sure as hell wouldn't list guys like Neer, Tibau, or Cyborg either.
- Daley was 9 - 1 in his last 10 fights...when he fought Diaz
- Tibau was 14 - 2 when he fought Diaz
- Zaromkis was 10 - 1 when he fought Diaz
- Lawler was 8 -1 before he fought Diaz
what are GSP's good wins via finish?
BJ penn? and Matt hughes?
5 fights. 2 of which he got injured during, but still kept on dominating anyways. 1 where many guys would have tapped. Another where he put the other guy out of action for 9 months. The other was Condit (who beat Nick) and also, Condit hasn't been finished in nearly 7 years. Those guys aren't easy to finish. Shields has only been finished once in the past about 12 years. Kos has only been finished 3 times in his career and you could argue the 2 most recent ones were early stoppages. Hardy went about 5 and a half years without getting finished when he faced GSP. Oh, but let's get on GSP because he didn't finished guys who are rather difficult to finish. Hendo not only couldn't finish Shields, but also lost to him, but let's get on a one-eyed GSP for not finishing him. Diaz lost to Condit
, but let's get on GSP because he didn't finish Condit.
- Diaz lost to Condit see that's the problem....you think scoring more points = winning a fight/bieng a better fighter.
- That fight was horrible....Condit circled away the whole fight, again ( I understand......he doesn't want to take damage....... but it is a timed sport now. At some point the sport needs to view Finishing/pressure to finish as more important or the primary goal.
or else why even put any pressuer at all?...just circle and jab and never look to engage( never take damage....score more points)
- I'm not degrading GSP for not finishing great fighters.....he doesn't even fight with the urgency to Finsish. Henderson at least tried to put away Shields....
Should Leonard Garcia win every fight that goes to a decision just because he throws a bunch of wildass haymakers that could potentially end the fight if they landed squarely?
- He should if he is competing in a timed sport...and his opponent is circling away teh whole fight throwing jabs.
How is Nick a better fighter? You didn't say why. Why is fighting intelligently a bad thing to you? What, you think every fighter should fight the way you want them to fight? It doesn't work that way. You're basically saying: "I don't like how GSP fights therefor Nick is a better fighter." You don't base how good a fighter is by how much he entertains you. If you want to say Nick is a more entertaining fighter, then fine, you won't hear an argument from me.
He is more skilled at rendering his opponent to Quit/submit/ or be TKO'ed. while fighting top shelf fighters.
WTF? GSP dominates the hell out of his opponents. How in the flying jumpkick fu
ck would his opponents win under Japanese rules? You think there haven't been any kind of wrestlers/grapplers to win over in Japan? That's funny, I can watch someone like Kawajiri do less than what GSP does and win easy. What is with Diaz fans....