View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #28
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Default Re: Aquille Carr Commits To Seton Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
Read my earlier comment, he is definitely an exciting player I've never doubted that. I was only commenting on the "mixtape culture" some of the posters were alluding too.

Regardless of how good he is now, he doesn't really project very well to the pro game because of his size. Not sure if he just like to attack but not sure if he has a jumpshot either. At best I see him as a solid backup like an Earl Watson or Earl Boykins on a team that likes to run, which is really where he is most effective.
I understand about the mixtape culture. Thats just how the recruiting world is going.

There is a place in the league for him but at his age and his hype there is no way he understands that he'll never be anything but a 15 MPG player at best in the NBA. Maybe on a terrible team he'd be able to get the exposure that Nate got for NY, but that made his ego bigger and then stalled his career the last 3 seasons when he had his minutes reduced without injuries.

I feel like he's going to go over to Europe, get paid, and barely play or get released quickly for another import due to how unorthodox his game is. He needs a college coach, a former point guard turned coach to reel him in. He's incredible at attacking the basket and has amazing body control doing it but his jumpshot needs work and so does his defense. He loses focus sometimes getting caught up in the passion. Kinda like Nate again

Then what? D-League? That isn't much money when you think about it.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote