View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #155
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Rape Crew" in small town Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Note: While bloggers started these outlandish rumors and Anonymous perpetuated them, the media was also complicit in spreading untruths and giving a national and international platform to the lies being told.

It is easy to blame all of this on the bloggers and Anonymous, but I lost a lot of faith in the integrity of the media along the way. I will never react to a big news story the same way again. I'm sure there were times I was guilty of jumping on a bandwagon just because I expected the mainstream media not to miss the mark this badly.

It was a real wake-up call.

Was this case sensationalized until the Anonymous or whoever it was started talking about this in December? Again, I didn't live though this case, but the few articles I looked at had the Anonymous allegations as part of the story, that is those allegations were driving the story, so covering the story meant covering the allegations. Now there's a responsible and irresponsible way to do that, but you're right, even wide circulation of responsibly reported allegations are going to leave a mark.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote