View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:02 AM   #159
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: "Rape Crew" in small town Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Was this case sensationalized until the Anonymous or whoever it was started talking about this in December? Again, I didn't live though this case, but the few articles I looked at had the Anonymous allegations as part of the story, that is those allegations were driving the story, so covering the story meant covering the allegations. Now there's a responsible and irresponsible way to do that, but you're right, even wide circulation of responsibly reported allegations are going to leave a mark.
The NY Times linked to LocalLeaks directly, along with providing excerpts from the piece. CNN did a live interview with KyAnonymous, where he was unchallenged in repeating pretty much everything in the LocalLeaks article. There wasn't even an attempt to interject. The Cleveland Plain Dealer, a pretty highly respected regional newspaper, was basically the mouthpiece for Alexandria Goddard, the blogger who is at the root of all the lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC

The AG is just covering his butt. This is a PR move and, from what I've heard, it will mainly deal with calling in other kids at the first party (where a rape did not happen) and those that may have seen tweets.

Regardless, he has already said there was no conspiracy, cover-up. I do dislike the fact that he's going to be keeping this story going for another month, but this seems like a publicity move more than anything else.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 03-18-2013 at 02:12 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote