View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 01:52 AM   #161
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Rape Crew" in small town Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
I'm not invalidating what happened to her by any means. I'm not vindicating the dudes who took advantage of her. I understand that as a guy I, for the most part, don't have to walk around with the fear of being raped/taken advantage of sexually against my will. And whatever those guys did they're wrong for on all accounts.

I'm just saying when you do certain things, you should go into them knowing the potential consequences whether it's (underage) drinking to the point of inebriation or smoking until your lungs off. Unfortunately it took a situation like this for her to (hopefully) learn this unfortunate truth instead of it already being instilled in her by her parents.

As already stated above by Kevin, this is a form of victim blaming. By this thinking, you are essentially saying that women should not drink because they can potentially be raped, and if they do drink they should know there are potential "rape consequences." Might as well say that women shouldn't go jogging on a park trail because there have been multiple incidents of sexual assault at public parks, therefore women who went jogging should know that jogging has the "potential consequences" of sexual assault.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote