View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #21
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Default Re: This must be said: The Wire is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Personal attacks?

It's not exactly a secret that you prefer shiny and simplified over more complex and challenging. If you think that's an attack you need to get more comfortable with your own identity.

Read your opening post again. The body of your argument is this:

What, you expect intelligent replies? No. You get what you deserve.

LOL

You know me so well because I like Apple products,

I tried adding some quick tidbits for fun, whoopee!!! I still made my main point, it isn't what ya'll say it is. This groundbreaking revolutionary show. That my friend was the Sopranos, Simpsons, Twilight Zone to name a few.

None of the characters are original.
None of the plot lines are original.

As some mentioned on another thread, this is a plot driven show. They touch briefly on some of the character's lives, they attempt to do some character analysis but it's just that. a touch. Given, only so much you can cover on a show with such a large cast, but this show is primarily plot driven.

A plot that's been done to death before, with characters that have existed before. Done well I agree, but when doing a show such as this introduce something different.

You want an analysis?

Howabout all of the characters being paper cut out cliches.

A cop that has morals and is driven to crack the case but is filled with personal issues
A drug dealer with a heart
Cops tired of their jobs
Corrupt cops
Corrupt higher level officials
The wise old cop that solves crimes

Etc.etc. seriously, if I continue to analyze the shit outta this show I'll continue to expose it. And to top it off, they're linear characters with little to no arc (so far), almost all of them are very predictable.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote