View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #38
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Going to be a dad, need ISH tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoptional
Exactly... the wife and I are both fairly educated in nutrition and she even has her BS in Health Studies so we both know exactly how to get a balanced nutrition for her and our eventual kid. I was more or less thinking it would be incredibly hard to keep the kid vegetarian with certain social situations like going to family homes, sleepovers, school and other things as the child gets older. We both agree that letting the kid choose his/her own nutrition path as they get older will surely be up to them. Only that she will start them out that way.

Why not start them out with everything making it fully clear which is healthy and which is not? We do that and they are very much into vegtables. I mean very much, they'd eat nothing else if we left them. And you're right about the sleepovers, school lunch and such, it's going to be a large pain in the ass.

The parents i know who try to restrict their kids diet to the degree you are tend have kids who romanticize the other foods. I don't see how later in life it would help. And that's the point, no?

Note: ABout the "how do you watch TV, etc" just do it when you can to keep you sane. Some parents i know act like that's impossible. It's not. ANd remember there are two of you, cover for each other when you can. ANd take the kid out with you, they are not made of glass, go shopping, etc.

And you DO NOT need a huge super stroller that weights 49,000 pounds. Remember your wife may need to lift that thing WITH the kid inside, etc.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote