View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who should Pistons draft in 2013 NBA Draft?

Knight does have a good outside shot. I agree with that. His athleticism isn't anything great. He's average in that area. I've seen other PG's come into the game on teams just as bad, if not worse and do far more. That's what worries me. The rules in the NBA favor PG's now. That's why having a great floor general like that is such a big deal now. Also you brought up coaching. The Pistons don't have great coaching (and really haven't for a long time). I don't see the coaches helping the development of the younger guys. Am I 100% on let's get rid of him now? Not really. I'm just saying right now his stock is still high. If we have the chance to get a guy like Marcus Smart, then we really have to think about trading Knight. That's my point. If we can get an upgrade at that position, then move him and hopefully get a 1st round pick for him. I see Knight as a 6th man off the bench sort of player. That's not bad, but that's not what we need right now either.

The Calderon trade really opened up my eyes as to how the front office views this situation. If Knight was the PG of the future they definitely wouldn't have done that. Even more so is the fact that they've been so open to saying they want to sign Calderon long term. If we just drafted our starting PG why would we invest so much money in another? It's very obvious having Knight and Calderon on the court at the same time is not a good combination. It's actually a pretty dumb move. I don't think it's the type of move a guy like Phil Jackson or Greg Popovich would make. They can put the PR spin on it all they want, but it's apparent the front office pretty much gave up on Knight. Having Calderon as our starting PG scares the hell out of me. Toronto has been awful for quite a while. They needed to go out and get Lowry. So now we're supposed to waste all this cap space on Calderon and a couple other mediocre players? The worst thing that can happen to us is getting stuck in mediocrity.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote