View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #58
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation
Default Re: So, will Kentucky dominate college ball for the foreseeable future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
They are one of the most storied basketball programs in NCAA history. Great coaches will always relish the opportunity to coach there, and players will always want to play there. This year was to be expected tbh because of the one and dones they've had for the last 2-3 years. You can't compete every year like that and not expect to have a lull eventually.

Those UK teams that made deep runs the last couple of years have had upperclassmen that were key to their success but those key upperclassmen (Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Josh Harrelson, Patrick Patterson etc etc) have gradually been phased out of their squad and they haven't had that presence since. This year guys like Harrow and Wiltjier weren't really battle tested enough to be relied on heavily, essentially putting all the pressure on the freshmen themselves. And let's face it, they aren't anywhere near Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins, Davis, MKG, Jones type talent level. Noel is the most talented player and in terms of impact he may have rivalled Davis, but let's just be honest, he is nowhere near as talented and dominant on both sides of the ball like Davis was.

Next year they will beast again and as long as Cal is there, the players talented enough to do a one and done will always have UK towards the top of their list.

Yea, but why? There are other storied schools that don't pull the type of recruits Kentucky does. I'm just asking, and I think it's a legit question, at what point would they no longer be a lock to be pulling like 4 top 15 players every year. "Always" you say? I don't know. Maybe...

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote