View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #1338
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
I think I worded wrong or you misunderstood.

Of the potential early entrants? McAdoo, PJ, and Reggie are the only three who might leave. Leslie ain't going no where and Dex is gone no matter what.

1) PJ
2) Reggie
3) McAdoo

No offense to Leslie, but I don't want a situation where he is starting. Just don't. Nevermind that would mean increased minutes for JP who has fallen off the planet after his modest freshman start. In fact.. He would be our only back up wing, right? If PJ and/or Reggie left
I misread your initial post I think. But I agree on Leslie. He's good in a role where he plays about 20 minutes a game, and he rarely shows up against good teams...and by rarely I mean never.

Quote:
Team A
Paige - Britt
Reggie - Leslie
PJ - JP
Brice - Hicks - Simmons
Hubert - Meeks - James
That team would be alright if Brice gets stronger and learns he doesn't have to shoot it every time he touches it. I actually like Brice's potential and think he's going to turn into a pretty good post scoring threat.

Quote:
Team B
Paige - Britt
Leslie - JP - Britt
PJ - JP
McAdoo - Brice- Hicks - Simmons
Hubert - Meeks - James
Like team A better. Would rather have both of P.J. and Reggie and no McAdoo, instead of one of P.J. or Reggie with McAdoo.

Quote:
Team C
Paige - Britt
Reggie - JP - Britt
Leslie - JP
McAdoo - Brice- Hicks - Simmons
Hubert - Meeks - James
Like the team with P.J. (basing this on potential only) than Reggie, so Team C over Team B. But, gun to my head, I'd probably take Team A over both B and C.

Quote:
Which do you prefer? Roy is going back to his traditional lineup (which I agree with) unless everyone returns + Wiggins. Feel free to shift some of the starters around like starting Meeks or something if that helps. Just guessing on that. Stay n the 1-5 lineup tho. No small ball, or convince me that Roy would do it again with any of those rosters.
One thing that worries me is that under Roy, it seems like freshmen rarely step in and become studs almost right away, regardless of how highly ranked and touted they were. And that seems to go doubly for big men, save Hansbrough. So, at the end of the day, if we want to be a Final Four caliber team next year we need everyone back that can come back, and that still may not be enough if we still try to forcefeed McAdoo too much. He's a bad shot/turnover waiting to happen. He rarely utilizes his athletic advantage and it pisses me off.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote