View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #2725
CP3MVP
soon

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Wasn't barristan selmy the old guy who apologized to Dany on the latest episode and said he used to be head of the Kings guard and apologized for failing to protect her father?

What damage is this guy going to do, he's an old grandpa.

Selmy's among the most skilled and respected knights in the Seven Kingdoms. He's one of the few swordsmen that Jaime has extreme respect for.

Quote:
Robert Baratheon: We're telling war stories. Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Jaime Lannister: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Barristan Selmy: [to Jaime] I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Jaime Lannister: [to Selmy] You killed Simon Toyne with a counter riposte. Best move I ever saw.
Quote:
Jaime Lannister: I was sixteen once. I also had to replace somone's squire on short notice.
Alton Lannister: Which knight was it?
Jaime Lannister: Barristan Selmy. The fight against the kingswood outlaws, before your time.
Alton Lannister: What was he like?
Jaime Lannister: He was a painter. A painter who only used red. I couldn't imagine being able to fight like that. Not back then. And to help him do it, to be a part of something that perfect. I don't need to explain how that felt, not to you.
CP3MVP is offline   Reply With Quote