View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Disney shuts down LucasArts - Star Wars 1313 and Star Wars: First Assault cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
HMS seem like a good choice to finish off 1313, but from the sounds of it they tried to find someone before they officially shut it down and couldn't find any takers.

Overall i'm not that fussed as the people who were working at LucasArts during the 90's when they were making a ton of terrific games are all elsewhere, but it does suck that 150+ people now need to find new jobs.
I think HMS might take it after Deadpool is released, because from what I'm reading about them canning people is that they have nothing in the pipeline and they had to pay people. Plus they're more medium sized than large sized anyways. They probably only shopped it to the big studios.

I don't think Disney realizes what a cash cow they could have on their hands if they gave some of these titles to the right studios. I don't want to see it but Battlefront/Assault finished by one of the COD makers? People would eat that shit like it's fast food.

Yeah once I found out none of the guys made anything I liked I didn't care as much. I hope they find jobs but meh.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote