View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #45
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who should Pistons draft in 2013 NBA Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo
Ouch, I didn't realize our pick to the Bobcats was only top 8 protected next year. There are going to be some good players 9-15, where we'll probably be picking.

I really hope Joe can pull some magic out from that dusty old hat of his. I trust him, but my patience is wearing thin. Another disasterous free agency and we'll be set back another 3-4 years.

Yup, this is why I've been saying I'm so scared of being stuck in mediocrity. I'm sure they're going to spend that money and everybody sees how bad this free agent class is for us. I'd almost rather not even sign a FA this year. If Joe D pulls another BG & CV sort of offseason I think fans will finally turn on him. It'll be the last straw. We've been loyal to him forever, but if he wastes this cap space then I'm going to be really upset. OJ Mayo isn't turning around the Pistons..... neither is Gerald Henderson lol. Next season there is a guy who for sure is going to turn around one organization. That's Andrew Wiggins. This year wasn't the year to be bad. Next year is. I'm not saying let's be worse next season, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying the way things are playing out they don't look good right now. We're only a few players away. We're just in a really tough position to get those players. I'm hoping for some kind of trade that will land us a player we need, rather than going the FA route.

Also, what everyone needs to keep in mind is really no team as become a contender through free agency. Outside of the Miami Heat (which those were technically trades....) I can't think of a somewhat recent champion who turned things completely around through free agency. The Lakers did it through trades, the Celtics traded for KG, Spurs built through the draft & surrounded those players by smart trades, 06 Miami was a Shaq trade, even the Pistons had to trade for Sheed, Rip, Ben, & Chauncey.

Last edited by dd24 : 04-06-2013 at 11:00 AM.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote