View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #929
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'GENERAL' Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
I want to get it. From 2k12 to 2k13 I feel like the players are way more fluid.

They are, believe me. The thing that stood out for me the most is that it doesn't seem to have as many repeated animations as 11 and 12. There were variables on certain shots that had me thinking "Wow, did he just do THAT"?

Which brings me to the dunks. This game has some of the coldest "Flushes" I've ever seen in a B-Ball game.,the kind that you just think about when you're not even playing the game.

I was a skeptic of the "dribble stick" control scheme at first, but it actually make sense from a strategic stand point once you get used to it. It shows how important ball security is, and helps you respect PGs like CP3, and their ability to break down a defense with their dribble ability.

Just know that the Jump may not seem big at first, because it looks basically like a twin of NBA 12 graphically. But the small things like pgs pointing to spots on the floor for guys to meet the ball, players wiping their head or face checking for blood after a hard foul, throwing up the "why no foul call" arm gesture when a ref calls no foul, etc. all starts to add up.

Not a perfect game, but it takes the best of 11 and 12 and then kicks it up a notch. Next Gen is really gonna be "the business" , if these games continue to improve like this.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote