View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #39
Amar'e_Juwanna
Great young streetballer

Default Re: why isnt brooklyn held to a higher standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
I think you just proved my point....

"We have the oldest team in the league, one of the most injured teams in the league (how quickly people forget how facking great Amar'e Stoudemire is at basketball), and yet here we are: "

We know all of that.. but need to be reminded on the daily.
Why?

If I had to guess it's because as you said...
"for the past 10 years the Knicks have been one of the biggest jokes in the NBA. If not the biggest"

Thus the insecurity I'm talking about.

You're absolutely right. For many Knicks fans, myself probably included, we took our lumps for YEARS under walsh/thomas. Our team sucked, and not only that, we got s*hat on by the rest of the NBA in terms of respect and a lack of it. (we weren't the only bad team but we were the most well known bad team at least to a casual fan)

So...

Now we respond to that dark era with a heightened sense of pride in our team and a heightened sensitivity to anything that could be construed as "classic knicks hate" as opposed to genuine and legitimate criticism of our team. I am very open to discussion of the latter and very sensitive to the former.

BTW i just joined ISH and would be very interested to know your other bball forums because I am an actual fan and don't just want to be trolled.
Amar'e_Juwanna is offline   Reply With Quote