View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #40
Maniak
Warm Winds

Default Re: San Antonio Spurs: For Old Time Sake | 2k13 Association

Correct date is November 7th, 2012.

POTG: Kawhi Leonard

Recap:
With their 96-88 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers Wednesday night, the San Antonio Spurs remain undefeated on the season.

Largely in part due to Kawhi Leonard stepping up so far this season, he had another fantastic nights scoring 20 points and adding 3 rebounds and 2 steals.

"We're playing our style right now at our pace and it's going exactly as planned, undefeated so far," Leonard said post-game.

Chris Paul led the Clippers solidly and almost helped pull off the comeback in the fourth quarter (Clippers outscored Spurs 31-22 in the 4th), but it wasn't all there for the Clippers.

"Making mistakes down the stretch is problematic against this team, we've learned from previous meetings. Their ability to start games so well this season has left other teams to go back to the drawing board and now we're in that category as well." Paul commented after the game. He had 15 points, 11 assists, and 6 rebounds in the loss.

Tim Duncan had a quiet night with just 3 points (1-3) and 4 rebounds in 20 minutes, but Tiago Splitter stepped up in his place. Splitter scored a season high 11 points and pulled down 8 rebounds (another season high) in just 13 minutes of play.

"Given touches and great looks from my teammates tonight helped me play this well. I hope to stay in this groove for our upcoming games," Splitter said.

Splitter also helped the Spurs bench outscore the Clippers 33-19.

These two teams will meet again later this month on the 19th in San Antonio.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote