View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #4268
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagaZ
They need to win someting. They need to get over the hump. Look at Spain. They were big time chokers(like Germany and Bayern are now) until the Euros in 2008, but after that win, they(and Barcelona obv.) started winning trophies for fun.

Oh, stop with that "choking" nonsense. If anything the German team has been showing great fighting spirit throughout its worst decade ever, talent wise, and overachieved quite a few times. An old German team in 1998 which lost 3-0 against Croatia in France was the last great German team. Look at the squads since then. Piss poor in comparison. 2000 was a disaster. 2002 Kahn and Ballack single handedly dragged Germany into the finals. The latter one was suspended against Brazil and Germany lost. 2004 was a disaster. 2006 despite home advantage lost against a superior Italian team who became world champions but gave them a good game. 2008 again overachieved and made the finals. Take a look at the squad again. 2010 again overachieved. Dealt with a lot of injuries and called up a bunch of children to the squad who happened to be very talented. Got very unlucky with a ludicrous yellow card suspension against Argentina for Müller, lost against World Champions Spain. 2012 with a still very young squad, I think even younger than the one in the World Cup (Sorted out some more of the oldies), were favorites along with Spain. I wouldn't call that "choking" either. The tactics and formation against Italy were all wrong. So the superior side lost. Jogi made it far to easy for Spain to retain their title. But some of you idiot who like to label Germans chokers need to get a ****ing grip. The word is losing all its meaning. Now take the beating I just gave to you like a man and STFU.
Königspinguin is offline   Reply With Quote